Wooden toys are considered some of the most important elements for early childhood development. Spielwarenmesse not only showcases classic wooden toys but also represents the current trends such as products out of cardboard and cork. Brands such as Djeco, HaPe, Janod, PlanToys as well as startups present themselves and their products by using design, stable and sustainable materials as well as educational concepts.
The product group at a glance
- Growing visitor interest through supplier diversity – from small craft workshops through to big players with a high degree of internationality
- Wooden toys are the classics among toys, which makes the product group an integral part of the Spielwarenmesse
- Additional dynamics through the combination of design, functionality and sustainability
Jean-François Vezia, President, Le Bonhomme de Bois, visitor from France
As an SME, we‘re not in a position to be on the lookout for new products everywhere and at all times. Because of this, events such as the Spielwarenmesse present a special opportunity for us as they allow us to meet new vendors and get ideas for our range in a short space of time.
Brandon Straub, Co-Founder, Tegu, exhibitor from the USA
We love meeting old and new customers from all over the world. And they are the best customers. The quality is very consistent, here are both retailers big and small.
In this product group you will find amongst other things
- Wooden Toys and Articles
Baby and toddler articles of wood; Toy shops and accessories ; Games and accessories; Wooden decorations; Wood construction kits; Wooden vehicles; Wooden and rocking horses; Pedagogical wooden toys; Therapeutic toys ; Wooden mobiles ; Musical instruments of wood; Children's room articles; Nursery school and school articles; Other wooden toys and wooden articles; Wooden animals and wooden figures; Spinning Top
- Toys made from natural materials
Toys made from card and cardboard; Toys made from cork; Toys made from other natural materials
License articles, sustainable toys and toys for people with special needs complete the product portfolio.
- Toy shops
- Gift shops, promotional items trade
- Furniture stores, retailers of decorations
- Drugstores, supermarkets, department stores
- Food retailers, discounters
- Mail order business, online shops
- Social and public institutions, nursery/school outfitters
Sustainability, durability and high educational value are characteristics that are generally associated with wooden toys and toys made from natural materials. Sustainable products and toys are more in demand than ever right now. The many different options for combinations with other materials create the ideal basis here for creative innovations made from wood as a renewable ressource or other natural products. This product group with a long tradition is served by large global players and small businesses. Manufacturers from Thailand, China, Australia and the US are as well represented in the market for wooden and natural toys as traditional European companies.
- Natalia KalberlahSales Manager
- Tel: +49 911 99813-60
- Sabine LiebscherSenior Project Manager
- Tel: +49 911 99813-11