To be continued! In the licensing business, sequels, spinoffs and remakes are proving to be real sales drivers. The continuation of a story relies on the pleasure of seeing favourite characters and settings once again, with fans awaiting it eagerly from week to week or over the course of a whole year. But how do the licensors plan the second, third and perhaps even fourth generation of well-known licence themes? Peter Hollo, Representative of Licensing International in Germany, discusses this with Yawar Haider, Director of Marketing and Digital Business at Kiddinx, and Werner Lenzer, Licensing and Strategic Development Manager at Simba Dickie Group, during the LicenseTalks at the Spielwarenmesse® 2020.
The LicenseTalks webcast has the following themes in store for you:
- The forerunner in the licensing domain, Disney & Co.
- Kiddinx: why Bibi Blocksberg, Benjamin the Elephant and Bibi & Tina are so successful
- Simba Dickie Group: achieving success with a suitable strategy and a well-polished plan
- Making the most of new opportunities – platforms, formats and products
- Factors that make sequels so popular and successful