The Spielwarenmesse is the meeting place for national and international game professionals and creative newcomers alike. That is why the Spielwarenmesse and the Bavarian Games Archive are jointly organising the International Game Inventors Convention at the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre on the Friday of the trade fair, 4 February 2022. This compact and exclusive meeting place in Hall 11.1 will allow you to come together with other designers and discuss your ideas for games. Present your game prototypes to editors and publishers in the trade and set a course for the release of your games.
Event date: Friday, 4 February 2022
Venue: Hall 11.1, Messezentrum Nürnberg (Nuremberg Exhibition Centre)
Order of events:
- 8 – 9 am: Presentation table assembly
- 9 am – 6 pm: Game Inventors Convention
- 6 – 10 pm: GamingHour games party
GamingHour games party
To round off the Game Inventors Convention, a games party will be held in Hall 11.1. All of the participants at the Game Inventor Convention – game designers, publishers, editors and trade journalists – are invited to enjoy a lively exchange and Franconian refreshments.
Who will game designers meet at the Game Inventors Convention?
→ Game editors
→ Product managers
→ Game agencies
→ Game critics
→ Trade journalists
The Game Inventors Convention will bring the brains behind the games together with publishing houses and journalists. Retailers and buyers are not an eligible visitor group.
What awaits you?
- Embedded in the international Spielwarenmesse network, this will be a place for game designers, publishers, editors and journalists to exchange ideas and information
- At the Game Inventors Convention, you’ll get to present your game ideas to specialists
- If you have any questions or need help at the venue, you’ll be able to turn to Christian Fürst-Brunner and Tom Werneck, seasoned experts of the International Game Inventors Convention in Haar
- Prior accreditation and admission screening at Hall 11.1 will ensure an exclusive event
- The participation fee per presentation table is €100 (plus VAT). This includes: access to the trade fair for one person, presentation table with chairs, Wi-Fi, locker, listing on the Spielwarenmesse website and in the Game Inventors Guide and participation in the GamingHour games party
What you should bring
- Playable prototypes – one or more, it’s entirely up to you
- Plenty of business cards
Application for Game Inventors Convention
February 4, 2022
Present your ideas to game editors and product managers.
The closing date for receipt of registrations is 15 December 2021
Please complete the form online. Fields marked with * are mandatory.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Questions? Send us an e-mail
- Claudia HerzogSales Manager
- Tel: +49 911 99813-46
- Heiko RöschleinProject Manager
- Tel: +49 911 99813-38
Other forms of participation
Is one day at the trade fair not long enough? There are also other ways for you to participate in the Spielwarenmesse.
- For first-time exhibitors: New Exhibitor Package
- For international game inventors: StartupArea
- For game inventors from Germany: Junge innovative Unternehmen (JIU)
- For those interested in a trade fair stand: Stand space from 9 m²
- For those interested in a digital trade fair presence: digital participation
International Game Inventors Convention FAQ
The Game Inventor Convention is aimed at designers of tabletop games in a broad sense, especially the kinds of games in the catalogues of the publishing houses in Hall 10.0 and 10.1 of the Spielwarenmesse.
Every designer can present as many games as they wish, the only limit being whether there’s room on their table.
Anyone looking for a publishing house to pick up their game ideas.
Fill in form above.
Contact details and €100 (plus VAT).
Give your name at the check-in counter or in front of Hall 11.1 to receive your name tag.
You are entitled to a table in Hall 11.1 on payment of your participation fee of €100 (plus VAT). You can pick whichever table you wish in the hall itself.
Many will wear a name tag with the logo and name of their publishing company.
Please let us know via e-mail. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the participation fee in the event of cancellation due to the organisational work involved. Exception: if Spielwarenmesse eG is forced to cancel the International Game Inventor Convention due to COVID-19 regulations, you will be refunded the participation fee in full.
Game editors, product managers, game agencies, game critics, trade journalists and bloggers are welcome to visit. Game designers can register as participants to present their game ideas at a table. Retailers and buyers are not an eligible visitor group.