Events on the fair site
- PressPreview – the new products show for the press
Tuesday, 31.1.2012, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., NCC Ost
At this event the day before the official start of the International Toy Fair, the companies vividly highlight their new products for the media and selected buyers with the help of celebrities and models.
More information at: www.toyfair.de/presspreview
- Opening ceremony of the International Toy Fair Nürnberg
Tuesday, 31.1.2012, 6.30 p.m., Brüssel hall, NCC Mitte, level 1
Presented by: Sabine Sauer (Bavarian Radio)
The International Toy Fair 2012 is officially opened by its patrons, Horst Seehofer, Minister-President of the Free State of Bavaria, and Dr. Ulrich Maly, Lord Mayor of Nuremberg. This year’s winners in the four categories of the ToyAward are honoured for their innovative play ideas at a presentation ceremony.
- Press Get-together (for press only)
Thursday, 2.2.2012, 5.30–7.30 p.m., NCC Ost, level 3
Ernst Kick, Chief Executive Officer of Spielwarenmesse eG, Kyra Mende, Press Officer, and the press team look forward to welcoming all press representatives at this get-together.
- Brilliant fireworks display
Saturday, 4.2.2012, 6 p.m., above the exhibition halls
Glühwein is served during the sparkling display.
- Ecumenical church service in German and English
Sunday, 5.2.2012, 1.15-2 p.m., Nizza hall, NCC Mitte
The ecumenical church service offers an opportunity for reflection for those wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of the fair for a few moments.
- Presentation to honour exhibitors, St. Petersburg foyer
Sunday, 5.2.2012, 6 p.m., NCC Ost, level 2
59 exhibitors celebrate their jubilee of 25 or more years at the fair in 2012. Spielwarenmesse eG congratulates and thanks the loyal companions for the close cooperation.
- 3rd Global Toy Conference
Monday, 6.2.2012, 9.30 a.m.-4 p.m., Brüssel hall, NCC Mitte
Registration for active reporters takes place in advance in the east (Ost) press centre and on Monday in the foyer of Brüssel hall
A journey into the future: The leading trend researchers and industry experts at the conference provide information on the customers of tomorrow and how retailers can inspire them to buy their products. The complete programme is available at www.globaltoyconference.de/programme.
- Closing press conference of Spielwarenmesse eG (for press only)
Monday, 6.2.2012, 11 a.m., Hongkong room, NCC Ost, level 1
Summing up on the final day of the 63rd International Toy Fair. The crowning touch is the announcement of the main winner of the ToyAward chosen by visitors, which receives the “Traders’ Favourite” award.
Daily events for press & visitors on the fair site
ToyKnowHow – the knowledge programme at the fair
- Toy Business Forum
Thursday-Monday, 2-6.2.2012, 1-3 p.m., hall 4, C-19-E20
The presentations and examples deal with a different theme each day:
Thursday: International Trends – Hot Favourites in the World of Toys
Friday: Social Media & Online Marketing – How Traders can Profit from Web 2.0
Saturday: Toys4Teens – Capturing a Challenging Target Group
Sunday: Marketing for Toy Traders – Discovering Trends, Creating Emotions
Monday: Outstanding Design – Visual Impressions Count
On Saturday at 1 p.m., Axel Dammler, Managing Director of iconkids & youth, presents the major results of the study for the Toy Fair Special “Toys4Teens”. The overview of themes for all events is available at www.toyfair.de/toybusinessforum and in the fair calendar. The cooperation partner is the magazine “das spielzeug”.
- “Toys4Teens” special, 1-6.2.2012, Mitte (central) entrance
This year the International Toy Fair offers information on all matters concerning teenagers and the toy trade on an area of 300 m². 50 exhibitors present 108 products intended specifically for the generation of 13 to 17-year-olds. There are various product demonstrations each day.
ToyInnovation – the innovation programme at the fair
- ToyAward, InnovationCenter, hall 4, C-19-E-20
A jury of experts chooses the most creative new products in a two-stage selection procedure and these products receive the ToyAward in four categories. The fair visitors in the InnovationCenter are called upon to choose a main winner, which then receives the “Traders’ Favourite” award.
- InnovationCenter, hall 4, C-19-E-20
The InnovationCenter is the place to go for visitors looking for an overview of new products and trends in the toy world. The nominations and winners of the ToyAward 2012 are also on display here. New products, contacts and information are also listed in the InnovationGuide obtainable free at: www.toyfair.de/online-catalogue/innovationguide.
ToyNetwork – where the toy network meets
- LicenseCenter, 1-4.2.2012, foyer of Brüssel hall, NCC Mitte Licensors, licensees and licensing agencies meet for networking in the LicenseCenter, where the license industry’s trends and perennial favourites are presented daily from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. The LicenseCenter is also geared to the Toy Fair Special and presents products for teenagers in showcases. The LicenseGuide, the free online reference work, provides an overview and further information about the licenses on display.
- GamesCafé, 1–6.2.2012, hall 10.0, B-05
Many game designers present their latest game ideas personally. The GamesCafé is a cooperation between the German Games Archive in Nuremberg, the Game Designer Association and Spielwarenmesse eG.
- New Exhibitor Center, 1–6.2.2012, hall 11.1
In the New Exhibitor Center the International Toy Fair offers interested visitors direct contact with over 50 exhibitors from all over the world who are present in Nuremberg for the first time. All stands and entries of new exhibitors are marked “New” in the online catalogue.
- Young innovative companies, 1–6.2.2012, hall 11.1
27 start-ups present “Innovations made in Germany” in the Young Innovative Companies Pavilion. The project supported by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology is present at the International Toy Fair for the second time.
- International country pavilions, 1–6.2.2012, various halls
15 country pavilions from 14 nations enable visitors to search specifically for products from individual international markets. The 100 Chinese exhibitors in the pavilion organized by Spielwarenmesse eG in hall 11.0 show products from all segments and appear under the name of “Best of China”. The International Pavilion Guide also provides a comprehensive and detailed overview of all exhibitors. This brochure is obtainable at the fair information desks or on the Internet at www.toyfair.de/online-catalogue/international-pavilion-guide.
- Testing & Inspecting Center, 1–6.2.2012, hall 11.1
The toy industry focuses on toy safety. International test institutes present their services and test methods in the Testing & Inspecting Center.
- ToyShop in NCC Ost, level 0
The ToyShop is the right place for those wanting to take a piece of the International Toy Fair home with them. Here visitors can choose the right article from a variety of products bearing the International Toy Fair logo. The high-quality business, leisure and lifestyle articles make ideal souvenirs or mementoes.
Events in Nuremberg city
- Photo & interview session for Enjoy Toy Fair City – Nürnberg spielt mit!
Monday, 30.1.2012, 12.30 p.m. in Galeria Kaufhof department store, 2nd floor, Königstraße 42-52, 90402 Nürnberg (for press only)
Spielwarenmesse eG and the Business Initiative Group provide information about the city marketing organization’s programme for the International Toy Fair.
- 25th Nuremberg Games Festival, 3–7.2.2012
eckstein, Burgstraße 1-3, 90403 Nürnberg
The Games Festival celebrates its 25th anniversary! A games centre with more than 800 board and card games, many workshops and new product tests attract visitors to the city centre of Nuremberg. In line with the jubilee there is also a topic table with “25 Game Ideas from Celebrities in the Metropolitan Region”. More information is available on the Internet at: www.nuernberger-spiele-fest.de.
- Toy Museum, Karlstraße 13-15, 90403 Nürnberg
The Toy Museum presents four floors of toys dating from the ancient world to the present day. Visitors can currently enter the realm of magic at the special exhibition “Magic Moments – Children and their Conjuring Sets”. This shows an extensive collection of boxes of tricks of the renowned magician Wittus Witt. Director Dr. Helmut Schwarz invites visitors to a guided tour at 6.30 p.m. on Sunday, 5.2.2012.
- Germanisches Nationalmuseum, toy collection of over 20,000 exhibits, Kartäusergasse 20, 90402 Nürnberg
Opening times and prices are shown at www.gnm.de.
The following additional events and actions take place in Nuremberg city centre:
- Comic Day on Saturday, 4.2.2012, from 11 a.m.–7 p.m. in the pedestrian precinct
- Licensed figures visit Nuremberg city centre, show stage with programme in Pfannenschmiedsgasse
- Fair Meeting-Point on the square in front of St. Lorenz Church
- St. Lorenz programme during the International Toy Fair 2012, 3–4.2.2012
- Exhibition of self-made toys and games from the school games competition “Unterwegs spielen – spielend unterwegs” in the Sparkasse Nürnberg, Lorenzer Platz
- Toy tour through the old town quarter of Nuremberg
26.1.2012 – dk
Fair date: Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair Nürnberg, Wednesday to Monday, 1-6.2.2012
Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair Nürnberg
The Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair Nürnberg, the leading international fair for toys, hobbies and leisure, is organized by the fair and marketing services provider Spielwarenmesse eG. The purely trade fair creates a comprehensive communication and ordering platform for 2,700 national and international manufacturers. The presentation of new products and the extensive industry overview provide a valuable pool of information for annual market orientation for some 75,000 buyers and toy traders from over 100 nations.